Acceptance Rate for USC: Statistics and Demographics
Acceptance Rate for USC: Statistics and DemographicsUSC’s regular decision-making process is one of the most selective in the country. USC’s regular discretionary admissions acceptance rate for classes applying during the 2020 cycle is approximately 12.5%, as approximately 71,031 applicants and approximately 8,884 were admitted. Kamerpower.com
The University of Southern California accepts students from a wide variety of classes. Students who are accepted to USC often showcase their unique backgrounds and experiences through their college essays.
How does USC rate applicants?
This school provides a truly comprehensive and thorough review of each application. They pay close attention to “Results in school The rigor of your program writing skills and test scores” of applicants and “also takes into account personal qualities as well They are looking for people who are intellectually and professionally ambitious. but also brings a global perspective Demonstrate a history of involvement in their community
Factors on which USC officially ranks applicants
There are five factors that USC officially ranks as “very important” to the admissions process: The rigor of high school transcripts, grade point averages, standardized test scores, essays, and recommendations.. Three factors were considered “important”: extracurricular activities; Abilities/Abilities and personal character/characteristics. Factors that are “considered” include first-generation status, heritage status, race/ethnicity, volunteer work, and paid work.
Statistics and Demographics for USC Acceptance in 2021
|Black or African American people Not Hispanic
|American Indian or Alaska Native Not Hispanic
|Asian, not Hispanic
|Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander who are not spanish
|Two or more nationalities Not of Spanish descent
|Unknown race and/or ethnicity
What is the actual acceptance rate for USC?
USC acceptance rate is 12.5%. Because it is a highly sought-after research university with media and entertainment in the heart of Los Angeles. Acceptance rate or admission rate usually indicates the attractiveness of a school for admission.
USC Early Decision Acceptance Rate
USC does not publicly release acceptance rate data on its initial implementation programs in its general dataset. But it was published that it was accepted.About 20% – 25%” of the incoming class through the early implementation program. If you are curious about this information Please contact the University of Southern California admissions office to learn more. Early intervention adoption rate or early decision This is usually slightly higher than the normal decision acceptance rate.
Regular Decision USC acceptance statistics for the class of 2019-22
Tips for applying to USC
If you plan to study at USC in the next admissions cycle You should know the following:
- You must specify your “first choice major” in the general app and have the option to select a second choice major or pre-professional emphasis.
- Make sure to devote adequate time and effort to writing the supplementary essays required by USC.
- USC expects to see evidence of advanced academic performance in high school. Taking multiple advanced classes Especially in your field of interest, academics are a must. At least 7-8 AP courses are a good goal.
- USC did not weigh in. You will be asked to “demonstrate interest” in the admissions process, so you will not be judged on whether or not you have visited a university. (During non-epidemic times) Contact recruitment officials, etc.
- USC does not conduct any admissions interviews, so the best way to connect with admissions officers on a personal level is through General apps and additional articles/short answers
USC College Essay Examples
All applicants must respond to the prompt below in 250 words.
- What is something about you that is necessary to understand you?
- USC believes we learn best when we interact with people of different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Tell us about a time when you were exposed to a new idea or when your beliefs were challenged by another perspective. Please discuss the significance of the experience and its impact on you.
- USC faculty values interdisciplinary academic opportunities. Describe something outside of your academic goals that you are interested in learning about.
USC College Essay Prompts
- Explain how you plan to pursue your academic interests. and why do you specifically want to explore these at USC? Please feel free to include your first and second major choices (approximately 250 words)*
- Describe yourself in three words (25 characters)
Historical trends for admissions at USC
USC admission rates have become more competitive in recent years. This reflects the university’s growing reputation and popularity among students. Here are some historical trends in USC admissions:
- In 2010, USC’s acceptance rate was 26.3%.
- In 2015, the acceptance rate dropped to 18%.
- In 2020, USC’s acceptance rate was 16%.
- For the class of 2027, USC’s acceptance rate drops to 9.75%.
Acceptance Rate for Top USC Majors – University of Southern California Majors
- Computer Science: USC’s computer science program is also very popular. It has an acceptance rate of approximately 7.5%. The average SAT score for admitted students is 1540 and the average ACT score is 35.
- psychology: USC’s psychology program is also a popular major. It has an acceptance rate of approximately 8.5%. The average SAT score for admitted students is 1500 and the average ACT score is 34.
- communication: USC’s communications program is another popular major. It has an acceptance rate of approximately 13%. The average SAT score for admitted students is 1480 and the average ACT score is 34.
- engineering: USC’s engineering program is highly regarded. It has an acceptance rate of about 10%. The average SAT score for admitted students is 1530 and the average ACT score is 34.
- business administration: USC’s business administration program is highly competitive. It has an acceptance rate of approximately 9%. The average SAT score for admitted students is 1520 and the average ACT score is 34.
FAQ – Acceptance Rate for USC: Statistics and Demographics
The recommended GPA requirements for admission to USC are between 3.75 and 4.0. You will need a very high GPA. and are more likely to graduate at the top of their class to attend USC.
You should have a GPA of 3.79 or higher. If your GPA is lower, You’ll have to compensate with a higher SAT/ACT score.
The average GPA at USC is 3.79. This makes USC very competitive in terms of GPA (most schools use a weighted GPA of 4.0, although some schools report an unweighted GPA).