About the program
The Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa 2021 is a program aimed at supporting early-stage Black-founded startups and startups that benefit the Black community.
The Black Founders Fund is for startups with self-identified Black leaders or companies that directly support the Black community. Funding will be provided along with mentoring support and Google platform credits to help startups grow. Applications are encouraged from established startups in Africa seeking early stage funding to apply.
See also: Canadian Permanent Residency Program for Essential Workers
Who is eligible to apply for Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa?
To be eligible for the Google for Startups Black Founders Fund, startups must meet the following requirements:
- Startups must be headquartered in Africa or have legal presence on the continent.
- Startups must create jobs. There is potential for growth to raise more funds. And thus create an impact.
- Directly support the Black community with at least one Black C-level founding member.
- Must have compatibility with Google products.
- Applications are currently accepted from the following countries in Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
How to apply for this program
Those who meet the requirements for the Google for Startups Black Founders Fund 2021 must apply online before the application window closes.