Applications are invited for:
NNPC Limited/TotalEnergies MIT-Empowering the Teachers (MIT-ETT) Program (for Spring and Fall 2024)
- MIT-Empowering the Teachers (MIT-ETT) is a teaching-focused fellowship offered by MISTI (MIT International Science and Technology Initiative) at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in collaboration with NNPC Limited and TotalEnergies Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI). ) .
- MIT-ETT allows Nigerian science and engineering faculty to experience a semester at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Selectees will observe teaching in their field and work in groups under Guidance by MIT faculty to prepare innovative curricula and teaching approaches that can be brought to their home universities upon their return.
- Objectives of NNPC Limited/TUPNI The aim of this program is to support the economic and social development of Nigeria by enabling the provision of quality education through partnerships with reputable local and international educational institutions. The ETT Fellowship is a laboratory for innovation in the field of study engineering This has led to impactful changes in the Nigerian tertiary academic scene.
- MIT-ETT will select a number of outstanding young faculty members from the field of electrical engineering. computer science computer engineering Mechanical Engineering Chemical Engineering Petroleum Engineering and geophysics from a university in Nigeria to study at MIT either in Spring 2024 (February-May 2024) or Fall 2024 (September-December 2024).
- During a semester at MIT, selected faculty members will take at least two classes. This is similar to the classes they currently teach. (including lectures, lectures, and exercises) They will work on new course content and teaching approaches to implement in their own classrooms. They will attend the MIT-ETT seminar twice a week. The first will focus on curriculum design. And another will introduce faculty to cultural aspects of MIT, such as online teaching, problem solving, entrepreneurship. public speaking Networking and more
- MIT-ETT will cover participants’ travel, living expenses, and basic teaching materials. The successful applicant’s home university will pledge to provide paid vacation leave for the duration of the MIT program.
MIT-ETT welcomes applications from qualified faculty including:
- Interested in developing new curriculum and teaching methods and those who consider themselves to be change agents
- Faculty who hold doctoral degrees and teach in departments related to computer science, electrical, mechanical, chemical or petroleum engineering. or geophysics at universities in Nigeria
- Level one teacher
How to use
Interested and qualified applicants should:
Click here to apply
- Applications will be carefully reviewed. The MIT committee then creates a list of the top applicants.
- Applicants in Nigeria will be interviewed in Lagos by MIT faculty and representatives of NNPC Limited and Total Energies during the week of July 17 – July 21, 2023.
- Selected applicants will be notified of an interview date and time in early July 2023.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for a selection interview.
- TotalEnergies We reserve the right to edit, change, revert or change this schedule. and/or announce the selection test process.
- If you have questions and clarifications Please send an email to: (email protected)
Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 8:00 PM EST