We invite applications from qualified applicants for:
Topic: Internship Program 2024 – Session I
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Work type: Internship
- The internship program is part of the talent management framework. This allows the bank to adhere to its ten-year strategy and High 5s.
- Project participants will be selected based on competitive criteria. according to the bank’s business needs
- Selected applicants will be deployed to various departments. at the bank’s headquarters (Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire), regional and country offices, however, selected interns will undertake their internship either remotely or on-site. This depends on the needs of their employing agency.
Broad objectives of the project are:
- Provides students with the opportunity to gain professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Providing a pool of potential applicants for the purpose of recruiting future personnel to the Bank.
- However, applicants should not expect that the internship will lead to an immediate job with the bank.
Required fields of study for the internship:
- The field of study for which interns will be selected must be within the bank’s work group. Especially in the fields of economics, agriculture, and private sector development. human capital development (Education and Health) Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development human resource management Information technology, communications, law, internal audit, budget, governance, or any other field of study that the bank may deem relevant to business operations.
- Preference will be given to students working on projects that directly affect the Bank’s mission.
Timeline for Session 1 of the Internship Program 2024:
- Session 1 of the 2024 Internship Program will start in January 2024.
Terms and Conditions
- Internships will be offered to each applicant for a period of not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. Internships will be permitted only once for any applicant.
- The Bank will use reasonable efforts to assist the relevant trainees in obtaining entry and residence visas.
- Eligible interns will benefit from bank-paid health insurance during the internship period.
- Eligible interns will receive a monthly stipend.
- Selected interns will complete their internship either remotely or on-site. This depends on the needs of their employing agency.
- Remote interns are expected to have access to a personal computer. Reliable internet connection and a conducive living environment that allows for smooth and uninterrupted remote working.
- The remote intern will be responsible for air travel (if applicable) to and from the bank location as well as maintenance costs.
So you will have the right to do an internship. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be of age in the country of nationality or origin and not more than thirty (30) years of age at the time of starting the internship program.
- Be a national of a member country of the African Development Bank
- Provide a letter from school confirming your registration or a copy of the qualifications mentioned above. Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the bank’s two working languages. (English or French)
- Able to use the bank’s standard software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). Knowledge of SAP will be an advantage.
- Currently enrolled in a master’s degree program at a recognized public or private higher education institution.
- Applicants may apply for an internship within one (1) year of receiving said degree.
Strategic focus areas
Specialist fields and professional areas are aligned with the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy (TYS) and gender strategy. In addition to branches that are in the Bank’s work group, It will focus on the following areas:
- Energy, Energy, Climate and Green Growth
- Private sector, infrastructure and industry
- statistical economics
- Knowledge governance and management
- Human Resources and Corporate Services: IT, Language Services, General Services and Procurement, Human Resources Management
- Agriculture, human and social development
- Audit Anti-Corruption
- Communication and external relations
- public relations
- Environmental and social assessment